Important Bradbury Centre Reopening Information
We aim to open the reception area of the Bradbury Centre from Monday 7th September 2020. As we need to control the number of people who are physically in the building, attendance will be restricted to those with a prearranged appointment only. We expect this arrangement to continue to be in place for some time.
If you are visiting the Centre, it would be helpful if you could be accompanied by someone in your household or bubble and all visitors are expected to wear a mask whilst moving around the building.
We ask that you bring your own mask with you, but if you are unable to do this, masks will be provided on arrival.
All individuals who are blind or partially sighted will be required to use a white cane or their guide dog whilst in the building.
We have made all of the necessary changes to ensure that we are a Covid safe building, including installing a plastic screen around reception, and hand sanitising equipment. As we begin to offer some services from the Centre we will continue to review how these take place and make any changes that are necessary to ensure the continued safety of our service users, staff, volunteers and visitors.
There are no plans at this stage to open the Bistro or restart the Active Vision Clubs, the Resource Centre, the Be Active sports sessions or the choir and all of these will be reviewed again in early October.
So what activities can you take part in?
Full Activities List
Here is a list of current activities that are being delivered both through the staff at Bradbury Fields and the Sight Loss Learning Hub at Christopher Grange: –
Weekly Chatrooms are delivered as phone group discussions with:-
• Quizzes on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 11am to 12 noon
• Music and singalongs on Tuesdays from 1pm to 2pm
• History Talk on Thursdays from 11am to12 noon
• Hub craft club on Wednesdays starting at 1.30pm
• Hub social group on Fridays starting at 12 noon
• Hub – Esme’s Friends (for people struggling with disturbing visual images and sight loss) is held on alternate Fridays, starting at 10:30 am
• Hub – Tech Talk questions and answers session on a Friday, fortnightly alternating with Esme’s Friends, facilitated by Steve from 10.00am to 11.00am,
• Let’s Talk is on Fridays starting at 1:30 pm
• Monthly Evening Quiz, Thursdays, Fortnightly, starting at 6.00 pm
• Book Club contact Chris Moore at Bradbury Fields for further information
We are hoping that the Merseyside Visually Impaired Support Group (MVISG) will start their virtual sessions on Monday 7th September at 11am but further information will be sent out in due course. These sessions will take place on a monthly basis, via teleconference, for an hour or so per session.